Friday, January 20, 2017

Meow is the time to step up!

Hi everyone, I see you survived the holidays.  I’m surprised you have survived this winter with all these freezing days and all.  Oh wait, that was a good dream I had of me on the sled zooming down the hill, fur flying in the wind, chasing all the mice who were wearing back packs that looked like cheese.  Now that I think about it, those mice were Green Bay Packer fans. GRRRR! That wasn’t a good dream, that was a nightmare!!! Those mice were teasing and taunting me about the win over the Cowboys.  Well we may not be on our way to the Super Bowl, but they’re still my boyz!
Enough of reliving the Cowboys loss, I really wanted to talk with MY fans out there about helping those in need.  If it weren’t for Dr. Lorenz, I could be a homeless kitty on the streets looking for my next meal.  So the subject is close to my heart thinking about those who are homeless.  The staff of BPRVC wants to join forces with you to make a difference and do something nice for not only the homeless people, but for their animal companions who give the homeless a reason to wake up every day.  We will have a bin in our lobby and until February 8th and we will collect shoes and socks for the humans and cat/dog food for the homeless pets on the streets. Regardless if it is cold or hot these people need something to protect their feet and they would spend their last dollar to feed their pet, so we would like to help them feed their pets.
 The staff of BPRVC, whom I like to call the greatest humans in the world, well because they have been extra good to me, will actually take these collected items themselves and pass them out to the homeless.  They told me they want to shake their hand or give them a hug and let them know that people really do care.  You cannot save the world by yourself, but if you put a smile on someone’s face and help them out with something they really need, you can say you have made a difference for at least one person.  You have to start somewhere, I heard them say.  I wish I could go out to help them pass the collected items out, but if you were to put me in a carrier, well all my hair would stand on end and I might just poop myself, so I will leave that up the humans. I will be there in spirit J

I can now say I have done my part to get the ball rolling on this great cause.  Please come by the clinic during business hours and drop off shoes, socks, or pet food and know that we will get it in the hands of someone who needs it. If you cannot get by the clinic, we hope that you are inspired to pay it forward in some other way.  Thank you in advance from all of us here at the clinic. Time to go MEOW, I scheduled a pampering session with my favorite human Bryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment